Recognizing organizations and individuals who have made
their mark on the world of Insider Risk Management in 2021.
CyberWire Podcast: Insider Risk Excellence Awards judges Joe Payne & Wendy Overton
join Dave Bittner to discuss the winners
The Insider Risk Excellence Awards recognize the best of the best in Insider Risk Management. They honor the work of individuals and organizations as they address Insider Risk in the most collaborative work environment we’ve ever seen. Read on to learn who the finalists are.
Accelerator Award – Most improved detection and response
- There’s no fast-track to more efficient Insider Risk management.
- Recognizing organizations driving notable decreases in insider risk – improved insider risk detection and response time, fewer data exposure events per user, time to deploy an IRM solution or similar measures of success.
Finalists: FinancialForce, Snowflake
Collaborator Award – Preserve the collaboration culture while protecting your data
- Today’s collaboration culture is critical to support.
- Recognizing workplaces that have fostered a dynamic collaboration culture while protecting their valuable data.
Finalists: CrowdStrike, Snowflake
Game Changer Award – Elevated from traditional to a modern program
- For those who know that “This is how we’ve always done it” isn’t a good reason.
- Recognizing organizations that have revolutionized their Insider Risk program, bringing them to the cutting edge of Insider Risk management
Finalists: Elevate Security, RS4
Insider Risk Practitioner of the Year
- For Insider Risk superheroes.
- Recognizing an individual who has displayed exemplary craftsmanship in cultivating a powerful Insider Risk program for their organization
Winners: Ginger Cullifer (Altair), Tim Briggs (CrowdStrike)
Finalists: Marty Opthoff (GE Renewable Energy), Dustin Fritz (UserTesting)
Insider Risk Leader of the Year
- It’s impossible to set off on a new journey without someone to chart the path forward.
- Recognizing a leader who has taken a progressive approach to Insider Risk – leading their team to new heights
Winner: Mario Duarte (Snowflake)
Finalist: Pamela Fusco (Splunk)
Finalists and winners were chosen by a panel of judges who reviewed and scored each nomination in order to identify the standouts in each category. The selection committee included Joe Payne, President and CEO, Code42 and Chairman, Insider Risk Summit; Wendy Overton, Director of Cyber Strategy and Insider Risk Leader, Optiv; John Boles, Principal, PwC.