The Insider Risk Excellence Awards recognize the best of the best in Insider Risk Management. They honor organizations and individuals who have implemented Insider Risk Management (IRM) solutions in innovative ways. They are protecting their IP and sensitive company data while supporting modern workforces to collaborate and elevate productivity without heavy-handed security measures hindering operations and legitimate work.
Congratulations to all 2023 Award Winners & Finalists!
Organizations and security leaders who are acting in progressive ways to protect their source code, product plans, personnel and customer information are eligible for the Insider Risk Excellence Awards in the following categories:
- Collaborator Award – for the organization that has best fostered a dynamic collaboration culture while protecting its valuable data.
- Game Changer Award – for the organization that has revolutionized its insider risk management program.
- Insider Risk Practitioner of the Year – for an individual who has cultivated a powerful insider risk management program for his or her organization.
- Insider Risk Leader of the Year – for a security leader who has taken a progressive approach to insider risk management, leading his or her security team to new heights.
- Advocate of the Year – for industry leaders who have made a notable impact within the Insider Risk Community.
2023 WINNERS & FINALISTS
Winner: GE Vernova
Finalists: Elevate Security, Medidata
Game Changer Award
Finalists: MITRE Insider Threat Research and Solutions, Entrust
Insider Risk Practitioner of the Year
Winner: Dr. Deanna Caputo (MITRE Insider Threat Research and Solutions)
Finalists: Tony Iacobelli (Splunk), Melanie Thigpen (ID.me)
Insider Risk Leader of the Year
Winner: Judy Hatchett (Surescripts)
Finalist: Masha Sedova (Elevate Security), Nico Waisman (Lyft)
Advocate of the Year
Winner: Stephen Griegel (Booz Allen Hamilton)
Finalists: Janel Schalk (Trace3), Dr. Mary Dziorny (Accenture), and Jim Turgal (Optiv)
Finalists and winners were chosen by a panel of judges who reviewed and scored each nomination in order to identify the standouts in each category. The selection committee includes Joe Payne, President and CEO, Code42 and Chairman, Insider Risk Community & Wendy Overton, Cyber Strategy and Insider Risk Leader.